SSC Coaches Bio
SSC Coaches pictured:
TOP: Stephen Baker, Sharon Baker, Anna Li
BOTTOM: Barbara Murphy, Kori Myers
Arlene McSorley, Lolita Yermak, Evelyn Jackson
The Olympicview Arena and Lynnwood Ice Center are home to a premiere international staff, featuring World & Olympic competitors from the UK, Poland, France and the USA. Our dedicated coaching staff provides a full range of skating disciplines - freestyle, dance and pairs - with professional specialists in spins, stroking and choreography.
When choosing a coach for your skater, there are several factors to take into consideration. To assist you with this process, U.S. Figure Skating has outlined the following information. We hope that this helps you in making your coaching choice.
Seattle Skating Club Professionals (listed last name alphabetically).
Sharon Baker firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1988 Olympian for Great Britain
- 1990 World Professional Ice Dance Champion
- “Team USA” Coach
- P.S.A MASTER RATED coach in Ice Dance
- P.S.A. MASTER RATED coach in Moves in the Field
- P.S.A Level 5 ranking
- 5 Time British Senior Ice Dance Champion
- British National Pair Skating Champion
- World Competitor for Great Britain
- Team “USA” Coach
- P.S.A. Rated in Freestyle
- P.S.A Level1 & 2 Hockey coach
- P.S.A. Level 3 ranking
Anna Li SkateWithAnna@monkeymind.net
- USFSA Gold medalist
- 2012 U.S. National Ice Dance Adult Champion
- PSA accredited
- 20 years experience teaching tots to adults
- Coaches basic skills, freestyle, ice dancing and edge work (MIF)
Arlene McSorley email@example.com
- International Coach
- 40 years of teaching
- PSA Rated Coach Freestyle
- Teaching: Regional, Sectional, Junior National, National and International Competitors.
- Member of USFS, PSA, ISI, IJS
- Competitive Highlight: First skater from the Pacific Northwest to land a triple jump at Regionals (1974)
- Skated for our 36th President Lyndon B Johnson (1969)
Barbara Murphy firstname.lastname@example.org
- Over 30 years coaching experience.
- Competed internationally for Poland as well as achieving a Silver Medal in Pairs in Poland.
- After turning professional, toured with Polish Ice Show, Fantasy on Ice and Germany Theater on Ice ("Die Lustige LUSTIGE WITWE") and Holiday on Ice.
- PSA Certified rating in Singles & Pairs.
- Coach of US National & International competitors.
Kori Myers email@example.com
- 15 years coaching experience
- USFS and PSA Member
- PSA Basic Accredited coach
- Basic Skills and Freestyle Instruction for all ages
Lolita Yermak firstname.lastname@example.org
Evelyn Jackson email@example.com
The Seattle Skating Club and the Washington Ice Skating Association (WISA) work closely together to provide excellence in training for our skaters.